The Basement is an inclusive community that defies all categorisation. It’s made of people from all walks of life with an array of backgrounds, struggles, dreams, jobs and talents. What started as a small Facebook group focused on the discussion around streetwear has evolved into a multichannel youth movement. The Basement is now a platform engaging and empowering young people across a broad range of topics, from fashion and music through to art, politics, travel and more. At the core of the Basement sits an ethic of respect, taking care of one another and collaborating to further our aspiration.
The Basement is looking for an Editor in Chief to be responsible for managing the production of all content for both online and print media.
- Developing cohesive content and media strategies.
- Preparing and managing budgets for both print and online for The Basement channels.
- Overseeing the activities of junior and senior Editors.
- Performing a final review of the content processed by other Editors.
- Creating editorial boards and outlines.
- Ensuring there is a social balance between all Basement channels.
- Hiring, sometimes training, and supervising new Editors and other staff members:
- Delegating and assigning tasks to staff members.
- Developing and managing freelance budgets.
Required skills and qualifications :
- Strong editorial judgment and languages skills:
- In-depth knowledge of news and current affairs at the regional, provincial, national, and international level; having proven news judgement and an excellent work ethic;
- Outstanding creativity, insight, and a positive, go-to attitude:
- Being creative, curious, and knowledgeable in a broad range of topics; and possessing high levels of creativity in order to come up with interesting stories.
- Impeccable interpersonal, communication, and leadership abilities.
- Communicating clearly, both verbally and in writing, in order to give clear instructions to the staff members.
- Excellent computer and social media management skills.
- Being proficient in word-processing programs and editing tools.
- Being able to manage the basic social media platforms.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Being capable of managing multiple projects and prioritizing tasks effectively.
- Being able to work independently and as part of a team in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Being able to make quick and accurate decisions, especially when deadlines are approaching.
- Being versatile, flexible, and willing to work under pressure on tight deadlines.
- Must have 5+ years experience
To apply for the Editor in Chief position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com