The Basement is an inclusive community that defies all categorisation. It’s made of people from all walks of life with an array of backgrounds, struggles, dreams, jobs and talents. What started as a small Facebook group focused on the discussion around streetwear has evolved into a multichannel youth movement. The Basement is now a platform engaging and empowering young people across a broad range of topics, from fashion and music through to art, politics, travel and more. At the core of the Basement sits an ethic of respect, taking care of one another and collaborating to further our aspiration.
The Basement is looking for a Full Stack Application Developer to produce scalable software solutions. You’ll be part of a cross-functional team that’s responsible for the full software development life cycle, from conception to deployment.
As a Full Stack Developer, you should be comfortable around both front-end and back-end coding languages, development frameworks and third-party libraries. You should also be a team player with a knack for visual design and utility.
- Work with development teams and product managers to ideate software
- Build the front-end of applications through appealing visual design
- Develop and manage well-functioning databases and applications
- Write effective APIs
- Test software to ensure responsiveness and efficiency
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade software
- Create security and data protection settings
- Build features and applications with a mobile responsive design
- Write technical documentation
Required skills and qualifications :
- Proven experience as a Full Stack Developer or similar role
- Experience developing desktop and mobile applications
- Familiarity with common stacks
- Familiarity with databases (e.g. MySQL, MongoDB), web servers (e.g. Apache) and UI/UX design
- Excellent communication and teamwork skills
- Great attention to detail
- Organizational skills
- An analytical mind
To apply for the Full Stack Developer position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com