The Basement is an inclusive community that defies all categorisation. It’s made of people from all walks of life with an array of backgrounds, struggles, dreams, jobs and talents. What started as a small Facebook group focused on the discussion around streetwear has evolved into a multichannel youth movement. The Basement is now a platform engaging and empowering young people across a broad range of topics, from fashion and music through to art, politics, travel and more. At the core of the Basement sits an ethic of respect, taking care of one another and collaborating to further our aspiration.
The Basement is looking for a Music Editor for both of our online and print publications.
- Developing cohesive strategies for The Basement media channels.
- Overseeing content output for both online and offline media channels.
- Developing content ideas and strategies for online, video and offline channels.
- Managing and distributing budgets with freelancers
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with publishers and influencers who contribute to The Basement.
- Use data to make informed editorial decisions
Required skills and qualifications :
- At least 2/3 years experience editing and/or curating news content for a digital platform
- Must be experienced user of content management systems and tech savvy
- Must be a highly motivated individual with attention to detail and a self-starter
- Should be highly structured, disciplined and organized with an ability to meet deadlines
- Must be a proficient multi-tasker comfortable with working in a fast-paced environment
- Work effectively with external media partners
- Must have extensive knowledge of the music industry with a primary focus on independent music.
To apply for the Music Editor position please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com